Fablehaven // Review

I have wanted to read Fablehaven for a little while now. I finally got around to reading it. And I enjoyed it thoroughly.






From the back cover:


For centuries mystical creatures were gathered into a hidden refuge called Fablehaven to prevent their extinction. The sanctuary is one of the last strongholds of true magic. Enchanting? Absolutely. Exciting? You bet. Safe? Well, actually, quite the opposite...

     Kendra and her brother, Seth, have no idea that their grandfather is the current caretaker of Fablehaven. Inside the gated woods, ancient laws keep order among greedy trolls, mischievous satyrs, plotting witches, spiteful imps, and jealous fairies. However, when the rules get broken, powerful forces of evil are unleashed, and Kendra and her brother must face the greatest challenge of their lives to save their family, Fablehaven, and perhaps even the world.



Plot:

It was hard to see the bigger plot. By that I mean early on and even half way through the story. I can sort of excuse that because it kept me engaged through the whole book. Every little detail added to each other. There were things that seemed unimportant, but ended coming back into the story and playing a role.


Characters:

Seth and Kendra were well balanced, but Kendra felt like she was more of the main character. The secondary characters were developed with a nice amount of backstory.
I really liked all of the characters.


Setting:

The world that Brandon Mull has created is amazing! It is filled with mystical creatures. None of the mythological animals felt typical. He made them new, but at the same time you could find similarities.


Overall:

I enjoyed the story. The book kept me engaged through the entire book. The only thing that I didn't like was that it was hard to tell where the story was going most of the time. I am going to read the next book in the series.

I would recommend this book to a friend.

Until next time,
Jonathan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infinity Dreams Award

Highlighting March.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Review!!!