By the Book Tag

Although some of you may have wished I quit my blog I haven't. I will hopefully be posting on a more regular basis. I was tagged for this by Rebekah
  1. What book is on your nightstand now?
"How to Fight a Dragons Fury" by Cressida Cowell. (Also I don't have a nightstand.)

2. What was the last truly great book you read?  
 The last truly great book I read was "Of Pirates and Werewolves" by Isaiah T. Silkwood.

3. If you could meet any writer - dead or alive - who would it be? And what would you want to know? I would like to meet J.R.R. Tolkien, but that will have to wait till I get to heaven.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?
"Star Wars 1 2 3" and "5 Minute Marvel Stories". I found these books at a thrift store and I'm saving them for when I have kids. Since I like Star Wars and Marvel. 



5. How do you organize your personal library?
Just by series.

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around yet?
"Unfinished Tales" by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have had this book for awhile, but I really want to read it.


7. Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
Not really.

8. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you are supposed to like but didn’t? "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness". I heard a lot of good thing about it from a lot of people, but after the prologues I couldn't get into it.

9. Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
"The Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness" and "Dare". I do plan on trying "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness" again.

10. What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
I am drawn to clean magical fantasy. I tend to stay clear of romance and Christian fantasy. I stay clear of Christian fantasy because I can't stand the stories and that isn't what I think of when someone say fantasy. 

11. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be? 
The Bible.

12. What do you plan to read next?
 I plan to read "Unfinished Tales" and "Return of the King" by J.R.R. Tolkien. "Mistborn" by Brandon Sanderson and "The Mysterious Benedict Society" by Trenton Lee Stewart. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for (finally) doing the tag, Jonathan! ;) ;)
    I enjoyed reading all of your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this tag, Jonathan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jonathan. Just letting you know that I tagged you here: http://iamaddyson.blogspot.com/2016/11/coffee-scene.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Infinity Dreams Award

Highlighting March.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Review!!!